CHIANG MAI DISCOVERY
FOR DIRECT BOOKINGS ONLY
Package at exclusive rate of THB 44,567 +++
The award-winning luxurious 30 suite boutique Hotel is built around a colonial teak homestead built in the late 1800’s. It is located in a leafy residential enclave a few minutes’ walk from the historical Wat Gate Temple, Ping River and boutique shopping area. The hotel is a member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH).
• Round trip limousine transfers from Chiang Mai International Airport
• A 3-night stay in a luxurious Rajah Brooke Suite
• A complimentary daily breakfast for two
• Half day sight-seeing excursion with private limousine and personal guide
• Half day private tour at Araksa Tea Garden including lunch
• Thai cooking class at the hotel with local market tour
• Complimentary fruit basket on arrival
• Complimentary butler service
The Chiang Mai Discovery Package enables guest to explore the rich, cultural heritage of this former Lanna Kingdom in style.
DAY 1: Temples and Old City Tour (Duration 4.5 hours)
Visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep which stands 1,053 meters (3,456 feet) above sea level. This is the most important temple in Chiang Mai and has expansive views over the city. Climb the 300 stairs flanked on each side of the ‘naga’ (mythical serpent, or ride in a tram to reach the temple which has beautifully decorated buildings as well as a museum and a Lanna-style Chedi covered with engraved and gilded plates flanked by four ornamental umbrellas.
Leave Wat Phra That Doi Suthep and visit Wat Phra Singh’s exquisite examples of traditional Lanna art and then the small 700-year old Phra Wiharn Lai Kham Temple which is made of teakwood and considered to be the most spectacular building in Chiang Mai. Proceed to Wat Suan Dok, the “Flower Garden Temple” which was built in the 14th century and then to Wat Chedi Luang which is famous for its oversized Chedi, built in 1401. It was extended in the mid 1400’s but subsequently damaged in an earthquake in 1545. Remnants of the beautiful stucco figures flanking the steps and a seated Buddah in every niche still remain
DAY 2: Araksa Tea Garden Tour with Lunch (Duration half day – morning or afternoon option)
The scenic Araksa Tea Garden is located in the Mae Tang district and is one of Thailand’s oldest tea plantations. They specialize in producing high quality Assam tea, a black tea named after India’s largest tea growing region. Learn the art of plucking the leaves and enjoy hand-roasted tea with a tasty local snack. The tour includes a delicious Thai lunch with a choice of menus. Choose from a morning tour (9.00am – 1.00pm or afternoon tour (11.00am – 3.30pm)
Day 3: Thai Cooking Class and Local Market Tour
Learn the secrets of Thai cuisine with our culinary director. You will visit the local market to choose fresh produce and continue with a hands-on cooking experience where you will learn to make three authentic and delicious Thai dishes that you can recreate at home to impress your family and friends.
Terms and Conditions:
• Package is non-refundable; cancellations made will forfeit 100% of the entire period of reservation. No amendments allowed.
• Rates are based on 2 guests per room per night with an additional supplement for additional person.
• Package is not applicable for groups, conferences and meetings and cannot be combined with other promotions.
• The hotel reserves the right to discontinue or change promotion and price without prior notice.
• Government mandated Covid-19 measures may affect certain services without prior notice.